Monday, August 17, 2015

#TheRoundUp By Enzer - No. 31

HOT ON TV

The 2015 Teen Choice Awards were COOL FOR THE SUMMER! The event aired live on FOX and I got to live tweet during the proceedings.





Wanna check out all of the tweets? Simply type in

'#EWLiveTweet #TeenChoice'

in to your Twitter Search Bar and all of the tweets will appear on your screen. 

Dude (or dudette, whatever), it was fun I tell ya!


THE STAGE: A mess. That was the worst stage I have ever seen in my life! The technology was not bad (of course) but the setup and everything else was not easy on the eye. I’m sorry?


THE HOSTS: Ludacris, Gina Rodriguez & Josh Peck hosted the show and they did it well. Ludacris is hosting almost everything these days so I kinda knew what to expect from him. I know that he is a smooth talker and he is very calm and collected on stage so he obviously killed it. 

Then, along came Princess Gina Rodriguez. She is beautiful and dresses well, I loved her. She surprised me because I had never pictured her as this cool young person. Ever since she won a Golden Globe Award for her work on Jane the Virgin airing on The CW, her image continuously qualified for the ‘sophisticated’ list. I learnt my lesson: Never Judge a Book by Its Cover. #LOL

On the other end, Josh Peck – all grown up. 

Thanks to the producers of the event, I got to watch one of my favorite actors from ‘back in the day’ on TV, LIVE! When I heard that Josh was going to host the show, I almost melted. I never missed an episode of Drake & Josh when it was fresh on Nickelodeon in the early 2000s because both Drake Bell and Josh Peck were like close to Gods in my eyes. They were an inspiration and a half. Did I mention that he looks hot? Wow, I could not look away! He has transformed into this figure of well-coordinated cells that I just can’t SHUT UP about. As for his hosting skills, he gets an ‘A.’ #NoFavoritism


THE SHOW: I enjoyed watching the event. It was a nice summer get-together that just worked. 

The producers’ choice of presenters was the best so far (4th Enzer’s World {E.W.} Year) and the musical performances weren’t so bad. 5 Seconds of Summer opened the show with their hit single ‘She’s Kinda Hot’ which (honestly) I haven’t taken a liking to (yet). I still want to watch them perform ‘She looks so perfect’, because it’s still a killer, at least in my mind.

Other performers that got me moving were Rachel Platten who sang her popular and inspirational wonder ‘Fight Song’, the cast of Empire (on FOX) that performed for a very short time and the final act, Robin Thicke with Flo Rida singing about how he ‘LOVES IT.’ It ends there. #LOL


I can’t wait to find out what the producers and FOX have in store for the next edition.



Hotter:
BBC’s The Voice UK has added two new coaches onto their expert panel. Rita Ora (who moved on to the X-Factor UK airing on ITV) and Sir Tom Jones have been replaced by Paloma Faith and Boy George. I’m pretty sure the newbies will rock our world. The UK’s version of The Voice airs on BBC One. #CantWait


The View on ABC is also losing two personalities: Rosie Perez, who I admire for always being the one (an aunt) that calms everyone down and reminds them that they’re adults (snap, snap), and Nicolle Wallace who never hesitates to educate us all about the political sphere are both stepping down, sad. 

On the brighter side Whoopi Goldberg, Rayven-Symone and Michelle Collins will definitely be present at the table for the upcoming season. 

Here’s an idea: Would it be so bad if The View only had three hostesses and saved any additions for later or never? Think about it...

Last week, America’s Got Talent on NBC kicked off its Live Rounds for the historic Tenth Season. The show has stepped it up this year and I’m looking forward to all the drama, high intensity, music and fun.

The Ellen DeGeneres Show will be back on our screens soon with (allegedly) a new title sequence sung by pop/rock star P!nk. That is new and exciting! I’m glad because this also means that Ellen and her team have a lot more that they’ve prepared for their audience this season. Mark my words: IT WILL NOT BE MISSED.

The 67th Emmy Awards will air live on FOX at the end of September. The list of nominees is impressive. An edition of #TheRoundUp by Enzer featuring some of this year’s nominees and my picks for the trophies will be available soon.



Throwback:
Nurse Jackie on Showtime aired its final episode in June of this year. I was probably the saddest fan in the history of medical comedy-dramas because I didn’t see it coming. The show was not outstanding (according to the E.W. Board) but it was unique. The storylines were very rare and the direction and talent (simply) was out of this world. Each episode was mesmerizing, thrilling, inspiring and at times touching. I could totally relate. 
The show was lucky to have Edie Falco play the lead role because she breathed something larger than life into the character Nurse Jackie Peyton

The show will be missed.






MUSIC SPOT

E.W. Steam is Cool for the Summer Fun! Demi Lovato’s latest single has been on repeat for the last few days and we thought that it would be kind to share our excitement with you all. 

Check out E.W. Steam on Twitter for all the youthful, unrestricted content that we can’t get enough of. Demi Lovato’s Cool for the Summer song tops the list, of course.

Another songstress that has us buzzing is Hilary Duff. She hasn’t been on the scene for quite some time, but we don’t blame her. Her comeback is worth ‘the note’ and I cannot wait to watch more of her music videos (if she’s going to release more). 

Sparks & My Kind, PLAYLISTED.



ALBUMS ROCKING OUR WORLD:

Sound of a Woman By Kiesza

Songs We Like: What Is Love; Sound of a Woman; Giant in my Heart; Hideaway; No Enemiesz

Album Name: Rocks!

Kiesza has had an amazing 2014/15. Her music is so uplifting and works anywhere, anytime. She deserves all the good that’s coming her way.



Montevallo By Sam Hunt

Songs We Like: Take Your Time; Leave the Night on; House Party

Album Name: I don’t get it.        

Sam Hunt is in it, to win it. I’m in love with his music because it’s easy to listen to and timeless. Keep on keeping on.





View all of Enzer’s favorite music videos (that are probably HOT RIGHT NOW) by simply typing in

“MUSIC SPOT #SongOfTheDay” –

For Top Songs and


“MUSIC SPOT #Live” –

For Live performances (including Acoustic Versions and Studio Sessions)...

...into your Twitter Search Bar and all of the tweets will appear.






SPEAK OUT

#Celebs

Taylor Swift & Calvin Harris’ hook up takes the crown. 
If it’s a publicity stunt, well done. If it’s true love then, GET MARRIED ALREADY! 

These two are a fantasy. 

You know those celebrities you wish could just bump into each other and make magic, Taylor and Calvin are IT. I wonder if they are planning a music collaboration right now…at her newly purchased castle in Scotland…I wonder…

Gregg Sulkin and Bella Thorne also hooked up a few weeks ago. They are perfect. The stars have collided and the stairway to heaven is open for all. #LOL – Hollywood, keep those match ups coming.

The countless fans, the annoying paparazzi, the loud nudism critics, the public insults, the fat bank accounts - that sounds like Kanye West and Kim K’s life. A couple I admire for defying the norm and standing up for what their worth. Oh, and they make adorable babies too! #Winning



#Quotes
“In the end, you’re measured not by how much you undertake but by what you finally accomplish.” – DONALD TRUMP

“Adversity causes some men to break, others to break records.” – WILLIAM ARTHUR WARD

“Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow. Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it… Autograph your work with excellence.” – VINCE LOMBARDI






NEW!

The Enzer’s Factor Board (which was updated a few days ago) now includes ratings for selected Youtube Channels whose videos are shared on E.W. 
Check out all the ratings on the right-side of the blog.

E.W. Steam (as mentioned above) has a new theme fit for the American Summer. Demi Lovato’s latest single fronts the theme and the updates have been amped. 

Trust me, it’s cool as ever, check it out.







Follow E.W. on Twitter at no cost!

@enzer_tweets ; @ew_steam ; @ew_queer ; @EW_Christian ; @EW_Xtra

 - are all waiting for you.














‘Til Next Time


>>> Dude, Totally Unbiased <<<



No comments:

Post a Comment