Tuesday, January 27, 2015

#TheRoundUp by Enzer - No. 9

Did you miss out on anything awkward? I hope not. Here’s #TheRoundUp!



HOT ON TV

Miss Universe is Miss Columbia! Paulina Vega was crowned Miss Universe this past Sunday and though I’m so happy for her, I’m a little disappointed that Miss Jamaica (Kaci Fennell) didn’t win (sentiments I share with everyone in the audience that night). My top two were Miss USA (Nia Sanchez) and Miss Jamaica with Miss Jamaica ahead of the US because I liked her responses to the Judges and Facebook questions. On the other side of things, I wasn’t impressed with the stage at all. I wish it had been bigger. However, I did enjoy the entertainment for the night. Yes, Nick Jonas performed for the crowd and the hosts of the evening did a stellar job. I could feel the party in Miami.




IN STYLE



Can we have a moment of silence for the death of Keira Knightley’s sense of style, please? What in the world is happening? If her stylist is telling her to wear those gowns then her “A-List Hollywood Stylist” is not a Keira fan, at all! 
Firstly, the dress she wore at the Golden Globes took me back to the 50’s (correct me if I’m wrong LOL). That is an outfit I’d wear once for a Halloween Party and never wear again in public. What was she thinking? Moving on, the outfit she wore at the recently held Critics Choice Movie Awards was better (by that I mean that it made me forgive her for her choice for the Golden Globes) but not impressive. It looked like a maternity gown that had been passed
down a hundred generations - a big fat NO. As for the dress that she wore for the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards held this past Sunday, well, same as dress number two: it looked like an overworked maternity gown with the color purple making the whole situation worse. 
CONCLUSION: Oh, that’s simple; Keira is clearly “imprisoned on some foreign island” and is desperately seeking a savior. If there’s any stylist/fashion expert who’s looking for a job out there, knock on Keira’s door with a similar argument and redeem her sense of style because only God knows what she’ll wear next.




MUSIC SPOT

MUSIC ALBUM ROCKING OUR WORLD RIGHT NOW:-

AKA by Jennifer Lopez (JLo)
Songs we like: First Love; I Luh Ya Papi (featuring French Montana) and Booty (featuring Iggy Azalea)






Nick Jonas by Nick Jonas
Songs we like: Chains; Jealous










DAILY INSPIRATION

It’s not what you have lost, but what you have left that counts. A young man in a hospital bed came back to consciousness slowly and reluctantly, almost as though he knew and dreaded the shock that awaited him. His hands were gone! “What good am I now?” he thought bitterly. “What can a man do without hands? My life is over.” But he was wrong. His life was not over. The most radiantly happy and successful years of his life were ahead of him. The loss of his hands was the turning point that led to undreamed-of triumph and success. The young man without hands was Harold Russell. He was to become a film-star and a best-selling author; he was to marry his childhood sweetheart and achieve happiness and success far beyond the dreams of most men. But he didn’t know it then, of course. He only knew that he had lost his hands, and felt “helpless.”





SPEAK OUT

Quotes:-
“It never occurred to me that there are things that I can’t do.” – WHOOPIE GOLDBERG

“Magic has often been thought of as the art of making dreams come true; the art of realizing visions. Yet before we can bring birth to the vision we have to see it.” – STARHAWK





EW ONLINE RECOGNITIONS 2015 - #CollaboOfTheYear – Shortlisted

Please note: I’ll not talk about the music videos as this might give away the winner/s.

Song: Bang Bang
Artist: Jessie J featuring Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj

The success of the song “Bang Bang” was the cherry on the top for Jessie, Ariana and Nicki who are currently topping the charts. Though the lyrics are shallow, the song is catchy and makes us all wanna dance.


Song: Body Language
Artist: Kid Ink featuring Usher & Tinashe

Oh, I like this song. I was surprised when I found out that Kid Ink was the main man in the song because Usher seemed to be the one holding it down. The blend with Tinashe’s voice sealed the deal. I also like that the song is all about ‘body language.’ #KeepingItReal



More of the Shortlisted music videos will be showcased in the upcoming editions of #TheRoundUp. All the nominated music videos will be revealed after the current EW-Year has ended.




Don’t miss out on the fun! Check out and follow EW on twitter @enzer_tweets ; @EW_Xtra ; @ew_queer and @EW_Christian









‘til next time


>>> Dude, Totally Unbiased <<<



No comments:

Post a Comment