Tuesday, February 10, 2015

#TheRoundUp by Enzer - No. 11

Love is in the air. Here’s #TheRoundUp


HOT ON TV



I am addicted to Modern Family on ABC

Somebody, please HELP me because the Modern Family Gods have me chained to my couch all year long, LOL. 

I mean, who isn’t in love with the show? The cast, the writing team, the production – everything is simply the best. 

Making it even more special are the outstanding couples that the creators have created for us. 

My favorite: Mitchell Pritchett (played by Jesse Tyler Ferguson) and Cameron Tucker (played by Eric Stonestreet), the match made in gay heaven. Those two and their little girl (Lily Tucker-Pritchett played by Aubrey Anderson-Emmons) are the dream. I can only wish I had a daughter as smart as the character Lily (for reasons I’ll never disclose, sorry, LOL).

On the other side, a not so impressive comedy series that is surprisingly still on-the-air and could possibly be renewed for a second season is NAACP Image Award winning series Blackish, also airing on ABC. I find the storylines and humor quite offensive and unnecessary. The production and the cast are flawless but the storyline/premise/plot is just not working for me. The first episodes (about three) were ok; sadly it went downhill from there onwards.

Moving on, another popular series that has Americans and many other people around the world gushing is the exciting ABC thriller Scandal. The love triangle between President Fitz, Jack Ballard and Lady Olivia Pope is one of my favorite fictional love triangles of all time. I get annoyed a lot when Olivia hops back and forth between The President and Jack’s bedroom but on the other hand all the drama that tags along with her makes it all worthwhile. The fourth season kicked off on a low (if you ask me), hopefully it will end on a high and leave us wanting more.

The British Academy Film Awards (BAFTAs) took place last Sunday and were broadcast live on BBC One and BBC Three in the UK. I enjoyed this year’s ceremony. I thought it was more exciting than last year’s edition. What I like about the BAFTAs is that the production team behind the event always gets it right. The content is sometimes slow and boring but everything else looks good on TV.

The Annual Grammy Awards Ceremony, dubbed as music’s biggest night, took place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles this past Sunday and aired live on CBS. I don’t get why The Grammys’ producers haven’t changed the stage. If I’m not mistaken, the same stage/s design has been used for the past four years or so. It looked dated and small on TV. Hello, it’s a live telecast; it must look good on TV. 
However, if they made their stage smaller so that they could fit more people into the arena, then I guess it wasn’t so bad after all. (Lol, no, I don’t totally agree with that viewpoint). 
Another aspect that might need to change is the host. Like many, I adore LL Cool J. He is so cool, so talented and speaks well but I don’t think his hosting skills are useful on a show like The Grammys. Don’t get me wrong, this is not an attack on LL Cool J! Many music award ceremonies are bearable without hosts awkwardly interrupting, introducing, etc. people and segments. 
Only ceremonies like the Golden Globes and The Oscars need a host. You want proof? Well, watch The Oscars on ABC later this month and see how Neil Patrick Harris will liven up the already dull line-up of proceedings. Oh, you still want more proof? Well, how about the fact that millions are disappointed that Amy Poehler and Tina Fey won’t be hosting the next Golden Globes, huh?











MUSIC SPOT


The music performances at last Sunday’s Grammy Awards were off the hook. I like the fact that The Grammys always appreciate all those golden oldie classics and timeless hits and uniquely blend them with a few of our favorite modern sounds to make the telecast a spectacle. 
Did you enjoy Madonna’s performance? If you didn’t enjoy Madonna’s performance then you need to sleep (I don’t know what else to say because I don’t understand why anybody would’ve not enjoyed her performance).

 OMG, I loved it! 

She gave us a performance like no other. 

There hasn’t been such a powerful performance on The Grammy stage in years. She is a rose among thorns. (Don’t ask me who the thorns are LOL).

 Other performances that stood out for me were performances by Rihanna with Kanye West and Paul McCartney, country star Miranda Lambert, Sam Smith with Mary J. Blige, Sia and the glorious Common with John Legend. I’m sad that Taylor Swift didn’t perform but I get it. The classy affair was memorable anyways.


MUSIC ALBUM ROCKING OUR WORLD:-
V (Five) by Maroon 5
Songs we like: Maps, Animals, Sugar
















DAILY INSPIRATION


How often do we lose sight of the present and its golden opportunities for rich living? In our early years we fritter away so much of our time in trivia, in activities with very little lasting meaning, and as we grow older; in the rush and hurry of our overly-ambitious lives, we seem to have lost our sense of perspective. Endlessly we worry and strive, watching the passage of time with dread, suddenly awakening to the truth that life somehow is passing us by.










SPEAK OUT



#SpecialDays
The 14th of February is Valentine’s Day! In honor of the saint of love Enzer’s World (EW) has decided to shine the light on some of our favorite celeb couples.


Prince William & Kate Middleton: - I don’t think there’s any other royal couple that could top these two. They have the looks, the money, and an adorable baby boy who was featured on one of GQ’s Best Dressed Lists. Kate is living every little girl’s dream. Hopefully Will and Kate’s marriage will last, unlike Charles and Diana’s controversial union.


Beyonce & Jay Z: - Oh I just love this couple. What sets them apart from the rest is the fact that they dated for about seven years before finally tying the knot. If that is not an exemplary celeb relationship then I’m a dead goldfish in one of Richard Branson’s fish tanks.

Guiliana & Bill Rancic: - I admire these two so much I wish every couple could be like them. If what’s portrayed in their reality show is REALITY then I’m all for team G&B. Plus, how adorable is their little boy Duke?





COUPLE WE WISH COULD GET BACK TOGETHER?
Jason Derulo & Jordin Sparks: - I was so disappointed when Jason and Jordin broke up because I had already mapped out their future together with two kids living in an affluent suburb on the West Coast, LOL. Sadly, it seems like it’ll take a miracle for them to get back together because they’ve been at each other's throats for weeks. I hope they’re happy.



#Quotes
“The relationships we have with the world are largely determined by the relationships we have with ourselves.” – GREG ANDERSON

“You cannot do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it will be too late.” – RALPH WALDO EMERSON


 










EW ONLINE RECOGNITIONS 2015 

#CollaboOfTheYear 

#Shortlisted




Song: Break Free
Artist: Ariana Grande ft. Zedd


I’m glad we got to see another side of Ariana! I hope she releases more electronic tunes, with Zedd (preferably).




Song: Burnin’ Up
Artist: Jessie J ft. 2 Chainz


Jessie killed it. I want to say that 2 Chainz may have been the lucky rapper who got approached to feature but on the other hand he probably was the best man for the job considering how well all the songs he featured on performed on the charts.




More #Shortlisted music videos will be showcased in the upcoming editions of #TheRoundUp. All the nominated music videos will be revealed after the current EW-Year has ended.







If you have any questions, comments or contributions, do not hesitate to get in touch on Twitter @enzer_tweets ; @EW_Xtra ; @ew_queer ; @EW_Christian




‘til next time


>>> Dude, Totally Unbiased <<<







No comments:

Post a Comment