Wednesday, February 4, 2015

#TheRoundUp by Enzer - No. 10

That’s right! It will never get old LOL. Here’s #TheRoundUp


SPORT CHECK



Congratulations to the New England Patriots! Truth be told, Super-bowl XLIX was epic. Besides the fact that the whole evening seemed like a tribute to Tom Brady, the match was quite memorable. I liked the fact that it was hard to tell which team was going to win the cup because the scores kept changing and the level of excitement kept soaring. Coincidentally, such a case makes good TV #LOL. The Seattle Seahawks had a great game and I hope they aren’t beating themselves up because the title could have gone to any one of the teams. Yes, in my eyes, the Patriots were the lucky ones this time around. 
Anyway, now that the Super-bowl is out of the way, the next event on our sports calendar is the International Cricket Council (ICC) World Cup. If you’re not familiar with the sport Cricket, try it, you might like it. The tournament will go down in the land down under (Australasia) and will kick off on the 14th of February. Hopefully the opening ceremony for this upcoming edition of the Cricket World Cup will impress unlike the dull opening ceremony that marked the launch of the FIFA World Cup Finals back in 2014.




MUSIC SPOT


Can we please get Katy Perry to perform at next year’s Super-bowl, please? Yes, I loved it! I wish she could have sung more songs (and dumped Firework) LOL. Firework is not one of my favorite Katy Perry songs, sadly (I think). I also wish the promoters had informed us that the half-time performance was going to be the Katy & Missy show. I am not complaining, I had missed Missy anyway. I enjoyed watching her and listening to some of her hits from the past but I really wanted Katy to be the only one performing and not headlining the show instead. Hopefully the Super-bowl Gods will not repeat that bad move.

The Grammys are going to be handed out this coming weekend! I am excited because I love music (clearly) and the line-up looks good. If Sam Smith wins album of the year, I hope he won’t stupidly hand it to Queen Beyoncé (In case you haven’t noticed, we are full of hope today LOL). However, I think Beyoncé deserves it ( #HeartAttackMoment ). Her album, unlike Sam Smith’s In the Lonely Hour, offers more for the buyers or music lovers. I know that Sam’s music is all over the media but I think the Grammy voters don’t really look at that alone (correct me if I’m wrong). If we look at quality, standard – Bey is better.



MUSIC ALBUM ROCKING OUR WORLD:-

Sucker by Charli XCX
Songs we like: Break the Rules; Boom Clap; Doing it (featuring Rita Ora)

Album Name: Fail






ARTIST TO WATCH: -
Becky G. Though I’m not so sure about the young artist’s song lyrics, her music is catchy and her career looks promising.





DAILY INSPIRATION


If we love and appreciate others, and ourselves then life can be a wonderful joyous gift.





SPEAK OUT


Quotes:-

“It only takes a few little words to cause much pain, and it only takes a few words to cause much happiness.” – WALTER WESTFALL

“Only one thing has to change for us to know happiness in our lives: where we focus our attention.” – GREG ANDERSON





EW ONLINE RECOGNITIONS 2015 #CollaboOfTheYear #Shortlisted



Song: Black Widow
Artist: Iggy Azalea ft. Rita Ora

Iggy is truly gifted. I like her lines and her delivery. Rita Ora singing the chorus was the best thing to ever happen in the history of Collaborations.





Song: Booty
Artist: Jennifer Lopez (JLo) ft. Iggy Azalea

A feel good song about the 8th world wonder will never get old #LOL.



More of the Shortlisted music videos will be showcased in the upcoming editions of #TheRoundUp. All the nominated music videos will be revealed after the current E.W. Year has ended.














If you have any comments, questions or contributions do not hesitate to get in touch on Twitter @enzer_tweets ; @EW_Xtra ; @ew_queer ; @EW_Christian











‘til next time



>>> Dude, Totally Unbiased <<<












No comments:

Post a Comment